The research council at Swedish Labour Movement’s Archives and Library is an scientific advisory body and not a funding one. The duties include promoting research on labour history, disseminating research results and to promote dialogue between researchers and organization representatives.
The Council started as of 1981. The members of the Council are from research as well as organzations within the labour movement. The members are appointed by the Board of Swedish Labour Movement’s Archives and Library. The head of the institute is a member of the Council. Our research secretary functions as the secretary of the Board.
The Council arranges larger seminars, generally once a year, often in collaboration with other institutes and organizations. The seminars are often documented in the journal Arbetarhistoria. The Council is also responsible for some book-publications.
The Council gathers, about three times a year, combined with shorter seminars where planned, on-going or recently finished research is presented.
The Council is since 1995 yearly selecting an awarder of the Rudolf Steiner-prize for research in history in the trade union movement.
Members of the Research Council
- Chairman Anna Hedborg, f. generaldirektör (Stockholm)
- Joa Bergold, utredare LO (Stockholm)
- Lars Berggren, professor (Lund/Landskrona)
- Håkan Blomqvist, docent (Huddinge)
- Barbro Budin, jämställdhetshandläggare IUF (Genève)
- Mary Hilson, professor (Aarhus)
- Jonny Jakobsson, ombudsman Kommunal (Stockholm)
- Inger Jonsson, docent (Uppsala/Stockholm)
- Knut Kjeldstadli, professor (Oslo)
- Malin Klingzell-Brulin, chefredaktör Livs (Stockholm)
- Jens Ljunggren, professor (Stockholm)
- Johanna Overud, universitetslektor (Umeå)
- Nina Sjöberg, institutionschef ARAB (Huddinge)
- Holger Weiss, professor (Åbo)
- Secretary of Research Council Silke Neunsinger, docent