The Research Committee at the Swedish Labour Movement’s Archives and Library is a scientific advisory body and not a funding one. Its functions include promoting research on labour history, disseminating research results and encouraging a dialogue between researchers and organisation representatives.
The Research Committee started in 1981. The members of the Committee are researchers as well as representatives from organisations within the labour movement. The members are appointed by the Board of the Swedish Labour Movement’s Archives and Library. The head of the institute is a member of the Committee. Our Research Secretary functions as the Secretary of the Committee.
The Committee arranges seminars, generally once a year, often in collaboration with other institutes and organisations. The seminars are often documented in the journal Arbetarhistoria. The Committee is also responsible for book-publications.
The Committee meets about three times a year, often in combination with shorter seminars where planned, on-going or recently finished research is presented.
Since 1995, the Committee has yearly awarded the Rudolf Meidner-Award for research on the history of the trade union movement.
Members of the Research Council
- Chairman, Ella Niia, (Stockholm)
- Joa Bergold, Trade Union Confederation (Stockholm)
- Lars Berggren, Professor (Lund/Landskrona)
- Håkan Blomqvist, Docent (Huddinge)
- Barbro Budin, IUF (Genève)
- Håkan Nilsson, Head of institution, Swedish Labour Movement’s Archives and Library (Huddinge)
- Mary Hilson, Professor (Aarhus)
- Inger Jonsson, Docent (Uppsala/Stockholm)
- Knut Kjeldstadli, Professor (Oslo)
- Malin Klingzell-Brulin, Editor, Livs (Stockholm)
- Jens Ljunggren, Professor (Stockholm)
- Johanna Overud, University Lektor (Umeå)
- Nina Sjöberg, Regional Archivist (Uppsala)
- Holger Weiss, Professor (Åbo)
- Jenny Jansson, PhD, Political Scientist (Uppsala)
- Secretary of the Research Committee, Silke Neunsinger